Well as you can see I have been working to "reinvent" the traditional scarf. I love creating, but am not satisfied to do the same old thing for very long. The piece that I am putting onto my loom right now is going to be woven with a combination of yarn, as I usually use, and tool. I am hoping that it turns out how it looks in my imagination. I will post pictures as soon as it is complete. I am hoping to have it finished before my husband and I head off to Frane to watch Le Tour. My husband and I spend a lot of time riding our bikes together, and we both bike to work. My ride is 10 miles each way which is a great workout and costs nothing. I recommend it to everyone. My favorite part of the ride, is riding while the sun is rising, watching the colors change in the sky as well as how the light affects the fields around me is a wonderful experience that is missed while driving. The original flair scarf was inspired by fields of wheat and corn up against one another, I loved the contrast in the color, texture, and height. As well as the free movement of the plants in the wind. After seeing this I came home sat down and my loom and the scarves that you see were born. I draw a lot of my inspiration from nature and the things I see around me. I am hoping to take a lot of photos while traveling and we'll see what I come up with. Pin It

No comments: