Artist Statement

Artist Statement I have always been a maker; while creating I am interested in the process of the materials transformation. While creating I try to embrace the process and allow the viewer, with close examination, to see how each piece was created. Nature and the environment are my inspiration. Spending time riding my bike provides the opportunity to witness how light affects the colors of our environment. My weavings are a way to demonstrate to others what I see, however, I encourage each viewer to bring their own experiences and understanding to each piece. I am connected to functionality. My desire is for people to be able to use, touch, and feel what I create. Through experiencing the work of art one can better understand and connect with the maker. Pin It

No comments: